Search!

Custom Search

AdiLan's Club Headline Animator

Feb 27, 2011

Cop: I believe Teoh wrote note

KUALA LUMPUR: The senior police investigating officer in charge of the Teoh Beng Hock case told the Commission of Inquiry into his death that he believed the political aide had written the note found in the deceased’s bag.
“I believe the note was written by Teoh Beng Hock,” said ASP Ahmad Nazri Zainal, in reply to a question by counsel representing the Malay­sian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Datuk Seri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah.

A translation of the note by the MACC was also given to the commission. Based on MACC’s translation, the note stated:
“Ean Yong, they have taken all the computers and the computers do not have back-up. This thing points a finger at you. I am sorry. I do not know how to pretend. As a result, have caused you trouble. I said obtained YB’s approval. They forced me to say ‘following YB’s instructions.’ I can’t help you. I am sorry. I am very tired. Goodbye.”
The translation of the note by court interpreter Ting Chin Kin, which was submitted at the inquest in September last year was:
“Ean Yong, they have taken all the computers without copying them into my computer. They kept on blaming you, I am sorry. I did not understand but pretended to understand. Finally, causing you problems. I said getting YB’s approval. They adamantly typed ‘following YB’s instructions’. I can’t help you. Sorry. I am sorry. I am very tired. Goodbye.”
Muhammad Shafee: Is there any indication in the note that he was beaten and injured?
ASP Ahmad Nazri: None.
Muhammad Shafee also asked ASP Ahmad Nazri if other witnesses – Kajang councillor Tan Boon Wah, contractor Lee Wai Leng and another man known only as Harun – who were also questioned at the same time as Teoh, had complained of any mistreatment.
“Only Tan Boon Wah had complained of being made to stand for several hours,” said ASP Ahmad Nazri.
ASP Ahmad Nazri also admitted he had not carried out a comparison of the ink used to write the note with that of a pen found in Teoh’s jacket pocket.
He said he remembered about the note in Teoh’s bag, which had not been included in the exhibits when the inquest started in 2009, after a tele-discussion with psychiatrist Dr Badiah Yahya in October that year.
“She asked if I had found any note as it was common in suicides. I told her that I had not found anything but later I remembered the note when I was preparing the case items to testify in the inquest,” he said.
Teoh, who was the political secretary to exco member and Seri Kembangan assemblyman Ean Yong Hian Wah, was taken to the Selangor MACC office on the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam in Shah Alam for questioning on July 15, 2009.
He was found dead at its fifth floor service corridor the following day.
According to ASP Ahmad Nazri, he had also searched for possible weapons at the MACC office on the day Teoh’s body was found.
He said he searched the rooms of MACC investigating officers Mohd Anuar Ismail and Mohd Ashraf Mohd Yunus, who had questioned Teoh, as well as the ceiling and toilet of the premises.
“I did not find anything that could have been used as a weapon,” he said, adding that a poly light was also used to check the area and no traces of blood were found.
The inquiry was adjourned to Monday.

Best Blogger Tips
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook
Read more: http://adilan-akusajasukasukatapi.blogspot.com/

No comments: