TEMERLOH (Feb 26, 2011): In efforts to dispel slander by the opposition about his educational background, Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate for the Kerdau by-election, Syed Ibrahim Syed Ahmad decided to show reporters his Bachelor's Degree in Arabic Studies from the Al-Azhar University.
"I kept quiet for a week, but I felt I had to show my degree not to brag about it but because of the situation," he said when met after the nomination process at the Temerloh Municipal Council's Dewan Tun Razak, here today.
Syed Ibrahim said his action was a result of frequently being pressured by various quarters to show proof of his educational qualifications.
"I was taught not to acquire knowledge just to show off or hurt others, but instead to serve and teach the community," he said.
Syed Ibrahim, 44, who obtained the degree in 1997, said he was not hurt by the allegations made about his qualifications, and adds that he hoped those responsible would stop the nasty habit.
Meanwhile, PAS candidate Hassanuddin Salim believed that voters in Kerdau would give him a chance to win the by-election.
The Pahang PAS Information Chief said in order to get more votes, especially in Felda areas, he and the opposition coalition's machinery consisting of Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and DAP will work harder to win the hearts of the community.
"I'm optimistic that Pakatan Rakyat can win this time," he told reporters after the nomination process here today.
Hassanuddin, 43, who donned a baju Melayu, was accompanied by PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang, PAS election director Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man, DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang and PKR vice-president Fuziah Salleh
"I was taught not to acquire knowledge just to show off or hurt others, but instead to serve and teach the community," he said.
Syed Ibrahim, 44, who obtained the degree in 1997, said he was not hurt by the allegations made about his qualifications, and adds that he hoped those responsible would stop the nasty habit.
Meanwhile, PAS candidate Hassanuddin Salim believed that voters in Kerdau would give him a chance to win the by-election.
The Pahang PAS Information Chief said in order to get more votes, especially in Felda areas, he and the opposition coalition's machinery consisting of Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) and DAP will work harder to win the hearts of the community.
"I'm optimistic that Pakatan Rakyat can win this time," he told reporters after the nomination process here today.
Hassanuddin, 43, who donned a baju Melayu, was accompanied by PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang, PAS election director Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man, DAP adviser Lim Kit Siang and PKR vice-president Fuziah Salleh
No comments:
Post a Comment